Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Crunchy Baked Cod

I made this last night & Ken just loved it. In fact, he's still raving about it today! It reminds me a bit of one of my favorite New England dishes, Boston baked scrod. It's incredibly simple and quick!

1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
4 skinless cod fillets (I used frozen & defrosted)
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise (I used low fat)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs, Italian style
(use more or less as desired). Note that the panko crumbs provide the "crunchy"!

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease baking sheet with butter. Mix together mayonnaise and lemon juice in small bowl. Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with salt & pepper. Place on buttered baking sheet. Brush fish all around with mayonnaise mixture. Then press bread crumbs into mayonnaise.

Bake until golden and fish flakes apart with fork, about 15-20 minutes.

Serve with cocktail or tartar sauce as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment