Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby Greens with Beets, Glazed Pecans & Goat Cheese





Beets!  I thought that I would never enjoy eating beets!  Much to my surprise & delight, beets are pure perfection in this light French salad!  I sort of cheated & used a jar of pickled beets but the next time I make this I will purchase beets in the produce section and roast them!

For salad:
8 cups baby greens
1 jar sliced pickled beets, drained
1 cup glazed pecans
4 oz. goat cheese crumbles

For Vinaigrette:
2 ½ Tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
Dash of salt & pepper

Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette.  Drizzle over greens (to your taste), coating all leaves.

Divide the greens among 8 salad plates

Top each with beets, glazed pecans, and goat cheese.
Oh so  yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment