Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Quick & Easy Chicken Taco Soup



Since I was tied to my desk reorganizing travel plans for my ill-fated group that was cancelled, time was of essence.  Hence, quick & easy recipes that don't even require a trip to the grocery store were in order!  This one comes from my well stocked pantry.  Spiciness is quite adjustable so make it your way and enjoy!  I served it with sweet potato muffins!  Sorry but no photo... I will post one the next time I make it, which will be sooner rather than later!

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
     or 3 cans chunk chicken breasts, drained and shredded
3 cans chicken broth
1 container (about 24 oz) deli fresh salsa (I used mild)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can chopped green chilis
1 can corn kernels, drained
1 can seasoned black beans
1 can pinto beans with onion
1 package taco seasoning mix (I used mild)
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Mix all together in large stock pot & heat to almost boiling.  Reduce heat and simmer for at least thirty minutes.

Top with Fritos corn chips, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment