Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Nancy's Pineapple Cheese Bake



When my sister had hubby and me over for dinner shortly after we were married, she served a very tasty Southern side dish, pineapple casserole.   Ken, being from New England, had never sampled this treat and was smitten.  I don't know why it's taken me this long to include it in my blog, but here it is!  I made it last night to accompany a pork roast and it's as good as we remember!


 INGREDIENTS:
2 cans pineapple chunks, drained (reserve a few tablespoons of the juice)
½ cup flour
½ cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup Splenda)
½ pound grated cheddar cheese (I used 2 cups shredded cheddar jack)
1 stick butter, melted
1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Lightly spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray

Drain pineapple.  Mix in flour, sugar, and grated cheese.  (If it seems dry, add in the reserved tablespoons of pineapple juice).  Place in greased baking dish.  Crush crackers and spread on top.  Drizzle with melted butter.  Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment