Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lobster & Shrimp Cocktail with Salsa Rosa



Servings: 4 (although the recipe is easily doubled)

Ever since I discovered this delightfully yummy lobster cocktail at my favorite Italian restaurant in St. Maarten, it's been on my "must make" list and I finally did it last night!  Oh my... to die for!  But, alas, it was gone before I could snap a photo.  I'll be making this again in the near future so will add a photo when I do.  It transported me right back to that romantic island restaurant.  Thank you Daniel for the inspiration! Enjoy!



Ingredients:
2 cups cooked lobster and/or peeled, cooked shrimp (cut into bite sized pieces)
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 cups shredded Romaine or iceberg lettuce
1 lime, quartered
4 large, cooked shrimp, shelled with tail on

DIRECTIONS:

For the sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, creamed horseradish and tomato ketchup into a small mixing bowl.  Place the lobster and shrimp in a medium mixing bowl.  Add the sauce and stir gently to combine all the ingredients; making sure that all lobster/shrimp pieces are coated lightly in sauce.

Divide the shredded lettuce between 4 large wine or margarita glasses and top with the lobster, shrimp, and sauce mixture.

Decorate with a wedge of lime and a large prawn on the edge of the glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment