Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Mexican Corn & Green Chili Souffle Minis



Servings: about 20
I don't know why, but I just love making individual servings rather than one large baking dish full of something!  I love Southern style corn pudding, corn casserole, corn souffle, or whatever you call it... but I really like to add chopped green chilis to mine!  They just make it "pop" so to speak.  This time I made it in cupcake tins and ended up with 20 or so servings.  Delightfully fun and perfect to take to a potluck picnic!



INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1 can sweet corn kernels, drained (I use Mexicorn or Fiesta Corn)
  • 1 can chopped green chilis, undrained
  • 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 1 cup low fat sour cream
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I like the Mexican blend for this recipe)
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well combined.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or use foil cupcake liners, sprayed lightly.  Fill each cup about ¾ full (this is about 1/3 cup of the mixture) and spread to even out the top.
Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until set and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment