Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cheesy Creamy Baked Spaghetti



 When I make pasta sauce, I always make a giant pot or slow cooker full; hence I always have left-over sauce and usually left-over pasta!  One of my all time favorite cafeteria meals was baked spaghetti at the K&W Cafeteria in Chapel Hill.   Though I haven't visited a K&W in years, I still remember the cheesy goodness of this dish.  It's the perfect Sunday supper dish to make using left-over sauce and pasta.  That being said, I almost like the leftover version more than the original spaghetti & sauce!    Here's my take on the dish.  Of course, if you've already made a big pot of sauce as I did, then use your home made version instead of the jarred sauce,  Enjoy!

About 8 Servings

Ingredients
·        1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
·        1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
·        1 medium onion, chopped
·        1-2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
·        1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce
·        1 can Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
·        1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
·        2 cups (16 ounces) low fat sour cream
·        2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheese (I used a mozzarella/provolone blend)

Directions
·        Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
·        In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
·        Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 9x12 baking dish.
·        Top with half of the meat sauce, then half of the sour cream and half of Italian cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with any remaining cheese.
·        Bake at 350° for 40 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted. or until cheese is melted.
Cut into squares to serve... and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment