Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Peachy Kielbasa Baked Beans

Servings: About 12


I love baked beans and, as you can see from my blog, I like to try different recipes... everything from plain ole baked beans to Mexican with salsa, to Hawaiian style with pineapple, and this Southern peachy version.  All I can say is YUM!

Note that this is a great slow cooker recipe, as well as a traditional "baked" in a casserole dish recipe.  As I was requested to bring baked beans to a weekend cookout, I dumped my ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning for 6 to 7 hours on low setting.  Before heading out to the cookout, I transferred the beans to a disposable 9x13 Reynolds pan, which I placed in the oven at 225 degrees F to keep warm.  Verdict?  Well... they were gone in a heartbeat... no left-overs!  So I think it's another keeper. 

INGREDIENTS:
2 cans (28-ounce) KC Masterpiece Applewood Smoked Bacon baked beans
2 cans (15-ounce) Bush’s Chili Black Beans, drained
1 can peach pie filling
1 can (15 ounce) peach chunks, drained
6 ounces Kielbasa sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
1 sweet onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons liquid smoke
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ to 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (optional)

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.  Mix all ingredients (except cheese) together and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  Easy peasy!  Before serving top with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.  This is oh so yummy!

*If you prefer to bake in a casserole dish rather than use your slow cooker, bake (covered) at 350 for 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment