Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken

Servings: about 8

And I thought the Mississippi roast rocked!  Here's another blogger favorite: Mississippi chicken.  Can I say Wow?  This is one of the most moist and flavorful slow cooker chicken dishes that I have made:  Easy, moist, and full of flavor with little effort and only a few ingredients.  I am keeping my pantry stocked with Au jus, Ranch dressing mix and pepperoncini from now on!   This makes enough to serve a crowd.  It's great as "pulled" chicken or on a sandwich roll.  If you prefer more spice in your chicken, use the spicy pepperoncini rather than mild.  To cut down on sodium, I used only half a package of Ranch dressing mix.  My declaration:  5 Stars Yummy!



INGREDIENTS:
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package au jus mix
1 package Ranch dressing mix (I used ½ package)
1 stick butter
6-8 pepperoncini peppers (I used mild)

DIRECTIONS:
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and add chicken breasts to slow cooker
Sprinkle chicken with Au jus and Ranch dressing mixes
Cut butter into large chunks and place over chicken
Top with pepperoncini
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Shred chicken with two forks; it will be very tender. 
Excellent served by itself or in sandwich rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment