Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin Wine Pairing Gala Dinner

We enjoyed quite a gala dinner affair at the home of our friends last evening!  Each couple brought a pumpkin course and a wine to pair.  Here's a photo of the beautiful tablescape, with seating for ten.

Appetizers served in the sunroom overlooking the canal were an assortment of delicious cheeses, crackers, breads, pickles, and a beautiful spinach artichoke dip. 
The next course was a delicious pumpkin soup, topped with a sprinkling of pepitas,  served with pumpkin bread and pumpkin butter... yummy!  Oops... my photo doesn't show the elegant pumpkin bisque, but it's inside the large orange & green pumpkin! 
This was followed by a beautiful spinach, pear, and cranberry salad... I was told that pear was white pumpkin (to keep with the pumpkin dinner theme)  & I believed it at first!  It was most definitely pear!


Next up was the star of the show!  Our entree was a delightfully delicious pumpkin encrusted chicken breast served atop butternut squash pasta and a side of broccoli with orange.  This was indeed fine restaurant fare!

 My contribution to the dinner was dessert so I brought along a case of mini pumpkin spice trifles!

It was indeed an evening to remember!  I've asked for the recipes so I'll post them once I receive them.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment