Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff



 I just had to use my new Christmas gift from Ken today!  It's a Ninja 3-in-1 cooking system and I am singing and dancing with joy! 

Since I got a kinda late start this morning, I'm not going to try anything other than a slow cooker dinner this time.  Beef stroganoff is a dish that I haven't made in ages and I just happened to have a chuck roast in the refrigerator.  I modified some recipes that I found online and the result is, in my opinion, stroganoff perfection.  It turned out with just the right amount of gravy, perfect consistency, and savory taste.  I served it over egg noodles with a side salad of mixed greens, mandarin oranges, glazed pecans, and dried cranberries.  Way to go Ninja!  (The non-stick interior really makes an easy clean up).

INGREDIENTS:
3 pounds chuck roast
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ cup beef broth
1 onion, chopped
1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 package beefy onion soup mix
Minced garlic to taste
Salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/4 teaspoon of each)
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces sour cream

DIRECTIONS:
Place mushrooms and onions in slow cooker.
Place roast over the mushrooms and onions.
Add soups, broth, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
In the last hour of cooking, stir in the cream cheese and sour cream.
Continue to cook 30 minutes to an hour until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy.
Serve over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment