Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Slow Cooker Greek Lemon Chicken



Servings: 4
I am in love with Greek cuisine!  After experiencing my first authentic Greek dinner at Hermion in Athens, Greece, I was smitten.  Greek dishes are so flavorful, so healthy, so beautiful, and so comforting!  What's not to like?  Just the aroma immediately transfers you to a beautiful Greek island (well in an "arm chair travel" sort of way)!  After making Greek baked ziti last week, I wanted to give Greek chicken a try.  I'm glad that I did!   I served it with Greek lemon pilaf, along with Mediterranean roasted asparagus and tomatoes.  I hope you enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons Greek seasoning
1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup white wine
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used Wondra)

Greek Seasoning recipe:
1 ½ teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon marjoram
¼ teaspoon minced onion
¼ teaspoon minced garlic
Mix all together and store in airtight container.

DIRECTIONS:
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and rub the chicken breasts liberally on both sides with the Greek seasoning.
Place chicken in bottom of lightly greased slow cooker.
Mix together chicken broth, lemon juice and wine and pour over the chicken.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
To thicken the sauce, stir together the flour and ¼ cup cold water until well blended and add to the slow cooker about 30 minutes prior to serving.

Serve with Greek lemon pilaf and roasted asparagus and tomatoes for a delightful Sunday supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment