Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cream Cheese Sausage Balls & Dipping Sauce

Sausage balls have always been a family favorite, especially during the  holidays or for tailgating parties.   I saw this recipe for cream cheese sausage balls on Pinterest and just had to try it!  It did not disappoint!  I made my own dijon sauce but have also served these with Hickory Farms Sweet Hot Mustard.   But they are really yummy without any sauce!

Ingredients for Sausage Balls:
1 lb. hot sausage, uncooked
2 cups Bisquick
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used lower fat)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix all ingredients until well combined (can use hands or mixer)
Roll into 1-inch balls
Place on lightly greased baking sheet or better still on Silpat mat*
Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned

Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise (I'm partial to Hellman's)
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
Mix all ingredients together until well combined and chill until ready to serve!

*I just LOVE the Silpat baking sheet mats!  No sticking and easy clean-up!

Note:  Sausage balls may be frozen uncooked.  If baking frozen, add a few minutes to the baking time. I mixed the ingredients by hand but you could use a mixer.



No comments:

Post a Comment