Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Crunchy Ramen Noodle Cole Slaw

This Southern girl just loves sweet & tangy cole slaw!  I made a  huge pot of brunswick stew and wanted appropriate side dishes to accompany the dinner.  Being in the mood to try something new, I found this recipe & decided to give it a try.  Oh me.. oh my!  It has become my new "to go to" recipe for slaw!  It was light, crunchy, a bit sweet but a bit sour.  Try it!

1 3-oz package beef or chicken ramen noodles
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (I used toasted & salted sunflower kernels)
1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
1 10-oz package angel hair slaw
5 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1/2 cup vegetable oil

In large bowl, crush the ramen noodles in the bottom.  Next layer almonds, sunflower seeds, green onion, and then the slaw.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil, and the seasoning packet from the noodles.  Pour over the slaw; cover and allow to  marinate several hours or overnight.  Toss before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment