Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tipsy Peeps Cupcakes

We have had several dinner engagements recently for which  I volunteered to bring dessert.  In researching some fun and tasty treats, I came across this one in the food blog world:  drunken peeps cupcakes!  How fun is that???  Since two boxes of peeps were delivered to us by a local realtor, with a card that read  "Have your Peeps call My Peeps"... I knew this was a dessert that I had to make... well because I wouldn't eat the Peeps otherwise!

You can use any cake mix or even make your own from scratch.  I used Pillsbury Key Lime cake mix, along with the Key Lime frosting by Pillsbury. 

Make the cake according to the package directions except use rum instead of water.  My key lime cake mix required 1 cup of water so I substituted 1 cup of Cruzan Coconut Rum. 

Let the cupcakes cool and frost them.  Decorate with peeps on their sides, upside down, with frosting on their heads or whatever... be creative.  You can add sprinkles, jelly beans, or crushed  malted robin eggs.

Enjoy with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment