Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What's the significance of Sunday Suppers, Grits, and Champagne?

All three make me smile! There's nothing better than a cozy Sunday supper. I can relax in the afternoon cooking favorite tried & true recipes or experimenting with new ones. Country music is playing and I am singing along as I pretend to be a chef. The aromas that fill the house are wonderful. Sunday supper is a casual time to share our lives, chat about any & every thing, wear blue jeans & go barefoot, begin new traditions or celebrate old ones...it's a special time for family and friends. Grits - what can I say? Love 'um! BUT, grits must be creamy & cheesy to be top notch. Grits in the morning, grits in the evening, grits at supper time... grits are yummy most any time of day! I will feature several grits recipes in this blog. Champagne? Well, it does go with everything. One of my favorites is champagne & popcorn! But I enjoy champagne with grits and Sunday suppers too. Love the bubbles in champagne, especially Veuve Clicquot! Spanish Cava, a sparkling wine & not a champagne, is also a favorite. So feel free to drink champagne to accompany any of my recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment